Saturday 28 April 2012

Inspirations at Miss Mabel's

After the delights of Pop up Vintage at the weekend I thought my vintage highlights were over for the week. It seemed not! Much to my joy I was told about a new emporium that has opened very close by called Miss Mabel's.

Well you can't post about something that you haven't seen so I took it upon myself to do a  little research and I popped along. Described as a 'magnificent emporium' I wasn't disappointed. Having taken over a vacant industrial unit it's crammed full of treasures. Julie, who has set up this treasure trove very kindly agreed to let me take some photos and I hope if she see's this that they'll have done her justice. She opened about 6 weeks ago and already has over 40 stalls. Well Done Julie.

Not only is it full of vintage finds but it's also got a lovely tea room which was proving pretty popular when I was there. The tea room is in the heart of the emporium so you can sit and sip your cuppa and continue to scan the shelves for finds.








I found small selection of treasures for myself, the white crate is already in use and I plan to use the kitchen towel rail for holding rolls of ribbons. That way they don't have to be hidden away out of sight. The cute lilac cupboard may end up a slightly different colour but will great for storing smaller bits and pieces, possibly in jam jars if I can find some to fit the nooks.


So that wasn't bad for a Friday morning when I was looking for a little inspiration. Listening to Julie tell me about what she has done really made me want to get on with my own little venture. More to come on that over the coming week.


Pop along and look for yourself... and take your purse!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment