Sunday 14 October 2012

It's true what they say.....

... about running your own business - you may never have worked so hard. Time just seems to be flying by at the moment where I am so busy. If I am not teaching, then I'm making and if I'm not making then I am preparing the next lessons, bits for the website or the next important step for the business. But it is all great fun and I am not complaining at all.

Anyway this last week has been extra busy as I have had to make extra time to welcome a new addition to our family. Meet Maebh, pronounced Mayvie.




Just before we went on holiday our lovely cat Caoimhe (keeva) went missing. She was last seen on the  Friday morning and we left on the Saturday leaving Mr B's parents here cat sitting a cat that was missing. We are hoping that she did return and just didn't fancy the new arrangements. Hopefully she has found a lovely new home, we've certainly done lots to try and find her if she wanted to come back. It's been very sad for all of us though as we had got quite use to having a small furry member of the family. After 7 weeks had passed we decided that any likelihood of a return was perhaps past and went in search of a new addition.


So Maebh came from the same home and was born on nearly the same day as Caoimhe, only one year later. She's a very very friendly cat, snuggling with anyone who arrives at the house and just loves company. Following me around like a shadow when I am at home and calling out if you leave the room and she hadn't noticed. It's so nice to have a pet around again and she is ever so playful. Our house feels like a home again. 


Being so busy recently, it dawned on me the other day that maybe I had not been very creative recently. Most sewing projects are more work based and I've been struggling to find a balance in the evenings when I might otherwise have sewn. I now feel compelled to continue down my to do list. If anyone has any tips on how to manage this they would be most welcome. When Mr B was off cycling my late nights were totally work based, a year ago I would have been happily crafting all sorts. I have however put together a few birthday cards this last month and I have a new Ukulele case in the offing as Niamhy is now learning it at school and will soon be able to take her own in to use. It's a work in progress but I am determined to finish it this week as it really shouldn't take too long. (I wonder.... will that happen?!)



Lots of things catch my eye to inspire me though and none more so than a tin of beads or buttons. So I'm going to share a piccie that I took last weekend. It's the way that the colours fall together that I love and it get s the brain thinking in a whole new way. I'm still in my huge felt mode and I can feel some new little decorations being created this week to hang on my infamous twigs.

 For a calming thought I shall leave you with these pics taken earlier today.




Last night we had some dear friends come over for dinner and they brought with them a charming bouquet of flowers. For someone that loves so much that is bright and colourful i do adore a simple green and white arrangement and these look so charming on the end of the kitchen table. It's been beautiful outside and we've had a wonderful stroll by the sea down at Ferring. The flowers on the table just add a spring to your step.

xx





















No comments:

Post a Comment